But his wife looked back from behind him, and she became a pillar of salt.
And Abraham gat up early in the morning to the place where he stood before the Lord: And he looked toward Sodom and Gomorrah, and toward all the land of the plain, and beheld, and, lo, the smoke of the country went up as the smoke of a furnace. Gen 19:26-28.
The same Sodom that Lot and his family were commanded not to look at was the same Sodom Abraham was looking at. Lot’s wife became a pillar of salt when she attempted to look back, but Abraham looked without any consequence.
I have discovered that in life, nothing is as it appears physically. No two genuine ministries are the same. No two marriages are the same. No two destinies are the same. No two businesses are the same. There’s always a distinguishing factor that is not always visible to the natural eyes.
1. Be inspired by what others do, but beware what you copy from them. Never forget what you saw and heard because of what others are doing.
2. Never compare your results with that of another. You can never know what others are doing privately that you can never do.
3. In the journey of life, compete with yourself not with others.
4. No man’s experience, results or outcome equals the perfect will of God. Everyone has his own lane or destination.
5. Don’t kill yourself trying to do what others are doing because you don’t know what they are standing on or beside. Abraham was standing at the place of an altar where he talked with God while Lot and family were running on their own.
6. God has no consensus way of dealing with everyone. He deals with us according to our personalities.
7. Never build a doctrine or a template out of what works for you in a certain situation in relation with others or in handling future challenges, God is too dynamic to be straight jacketed.
8. Adhere to the instructions given to you rather than the manifestation you see in another. The instruction given to Lot and family was not given to Abraham therefore, effect could not be the same.
It’s a new season for you.
You will laugh loud and long soon!